Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

7 1/2 habits......

I enjoyed the presentation about the 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learners and it affirmed for me that I am a lifelong learner in many ways.  I would say that the habit that is easiest for me to keep would be accepting responsibility for my own learning.  When I commit to something, I value doing it well.  When it comes to learning, I am motivated to go the extra mile to understand so that my work or learning will be complete and of high quality.  If I learn something thoroughly, I should be able to teach someone else.

One habit that I need to work on is viewing problems as challenges.  I like things to run smoothly and as expected.  I know that this is not always the case, but I appreciated the perspective of the presenter.  Her example of using problems such as a flat tire to learn how to change a tire struck a chord in me.  I learned that the way you react to problems is all in your perception and that I may need to look at problems as unexpected opportunities to learn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment