Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Heartwarming Story of Christian the Lion




YouTube is certainly a cultural sensation.  The Flickr assignment and this assignment were similar in that there is such a vast amount of items to choose from that it is very hard to choose just one item to display. I chose this video because it stirred emotion in me and I thought that the ending sentiments were appropriate for the anniversary of September 11, 2001.

I have mixed feelings about YouTube.  First, my children love it, but have accidentally stumbled upon inappropriate content.  Unfortunately, I think it is too easy for any user to encounter adult content without intent.  That being said, YouTube is also a treasure trove of primary sources, how-to videos, music, etc.  The user learning potential for a site such as this is immense.  I appreciated the easy to use tools such as favorites, sharing, and subscribing.  I have not yet felt the urge to post my own videos on YouTube, but I do enjoy viewing others'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment