Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Delicious and Diigo

I remember when I first discovered delicious and diigo.  It was probably the turning point for me in my view of using the web.  I had always known that there was vast amounts of information on the web that would be useful to me, but was never sure exactly how to find it.  Now I have more bookmarks than I will ever need or use, but I get reassurance knowing they are there and organized if I do need them.

The first reason I love these social bookmarking sites is because I can search for anything and find something.  If I am going on a vacation, I can search for the place I am going and instantly see the websites other people have bookmarked as useful or important.  With Diigo, I value the "my groups" option.  Here I have joined groups about various topics and I can choose to receive weekly or monthly emails from these groups showing me what people have bookmarked about a certain topic.  As I am planning to work in a school setting, Diigo has an educator account as well that allows teachers to create a group of websites about certain topics for students to use for research.  Diigo has made it a safe, controlled environment appropriate for a school setting.

In my opinion, these are the most powerful web 2.0 tools I use.  It is the best of sharing information on the web and I anticipate using them often in my career.

0 comments:

Post a Comment