Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cool tools from Google

I loved this assignment because I have been wanting to check out Google Voice for a while and just can't seem to find the time.  So I was able to kill 2 birds with one stone.  Google Voice is interesting, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger.  I like the options for categorizing callers in terms of where calls are received and where voicemail is stored.  I think that the best feature is that the voicemail messages can be sent as text messages.  I always find it such a hassle to have to call my voicemail to receive messages.  Ultimately, it seems like a lot of set up work.  Maybe when I have more time I will explore more and give it a try.

The one tool I discovered that I LOVE is iGoogle!  Having all of the information I want in one place as my homepage is great.  In addition to the staples of weather, news, Facebook, and gmail, I added some gadgets like Amazon.com's deal of the day and "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy.  I also love that you can choose from so many different themes for the page.  I think I will be changing the look frequently just because I like the themes so much and it's hard to chose just one.  Google just keeps making my life easier and easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment