Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Google Docs

Well my experience was good and bad.  First the good news - I discovered that there are thousands of templates for various uses in Google Docs.  There are backgrounds, budgets, invoices, and even scrapbook pages.  The bad news is that I was totally prepared to "share" my blog post with a Google Doc background (I even had it all typed up) but them I was unable to find the "share" option or even anything similar.  If the option is there, it must not be user friendly because I couldn't figure it out.

Nevertheless, I see proof that these web based word processing applications are taking off.  This year my daughter's school PTA is using an application similar to Google docs to keep track of volunteers or events and my church is using them to organize who is responsible for Sunday morning tasks.  These applications have a wide range of uses and have a promising future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment