Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

RSS Feeds

When starting this exercise, I knew that I had already set up a Google reader account and that I had a few feeds already.  The problem with these feeds is that I never have time to actually check them and read them.  When I do occasionally visit my Google reader, I have over 1000 posts that I have not read yet.  I can't remember how I found the ones I already had, but low and behold, Google had some recommendations for feeds I may be interested in based on what I already subscribed to.  How easy is that?  Although I did peruse the search sites suggested in the discovery exercise, I ended up going with several of the Google recommendations.  During this exercise, I learned that each feed suggestion tells you the average number of posts each week.  Based on this information, I was able to choose feeds that would not overwhelm me.  I also learned that there are feeds on just about anything.  If you want it, you can find it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment