Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Library Thing is a good thing.

Wow.  Could a book lover find a site that would be more beneficial?  I can't imagine it.  Creating my account was easy, but the navigation and adding a book to my collection was a little bit confusing.  Once I figured that out, the wonder of library things came alive.  Based on the books I entered, the magic began.  When I clicked on one of the books in my collection, I was expecting reviews by other library users, but I was not expecting to see links to other members who have that book in their collection, recommendations from library thing and other users, and even a list of users who have libraries similar to mine!  I learned that many authors use library thing and share their library with other users.

Just when I thought they had covered it all, I clicked on the other tabs.  The talk tab has an active and interesting forum for topics related to reading and books, and the local tab shows venues and upcoming book related events in a particular area.  Although I could get lost in this site, the most practical uses for me will be to keep track of what I've read and to get ideas about what to read next.

Here's a link to my library thing catalog:

Becki's Library Thing catalog

0 comments:

Post a Comment